Monday 7 February 2011

"Sideways"

I've just watched a film called "Sideways" which I found very interesting.
It tells a story of two very best friends and their journey through the vineyards just before one of them, Jack, gets married. They are thinking about having some free time and detaching from their routines, but as they spend more time together with lots of unexpected adventures on their way, they find out that they have no idea what to really expect from life.
This film seems for me to talk about the unfulfilled dreams of the main characters but it's also about getting through life and finding the meaning of existence. 
I like that it doesn't really have a full ending which helps us not to focus on the story but rather to look more inside the film, realize the real intention of Miles' friend, to see their relationship and the way they complete each other.
In my opinion this film is worth seeing and for someone like me who is keen on dramas and comedies it is an amazing combination of both. 
Sometimes it can be a bit quirky but as a whole it's fabulous and full of reflections.
I recommend this to anyone who is not likely to spend an evening with a superficial film.

1 comment: